The Microscopy Facility offers a range of modern scientific equipment specializing in confocal microscopy, light microscopy, and digital image capture.
The Facility provides scientific and technical support in basic and advanced light microscopy and digital image processing as well as hands-on-training on the equipment to members and guests of the CMMC.
Service by the CMMC Microscopy Facility will be available from Monday, 27th April 2020 onwards.
Keeping in mind the current SARS-CoV-2 safety regulations we implemented the following regulations for all users of the CMMC Microscopy Facility:
Booking and Registration
- Online booking is mandatory and you are only allowed to use microscopes sticking to the time slot booked by you.
- It is not allowed to enter CMF to see if a microscope is free. All checking and booking must be done online
- CMF rooms can only be booked by ONE user per session to limit room occupancy.
- When booking the equipment, please consider a 1hr break between your and the previous/next session.
- At the moment we cannot allow experiments running over night or over the weekend.
- No CMF introductions and training until further notice.
Additional CMF safety and hygiene measurements
- Contact Florian Küster (firstname.lastname@example.org) for introduction into additional safety measurements before using the CMF.
- We strongly recommend using a mask and gloves during work in the facility.
- Use disinfectant (antiviral, alcohol based) that is provided by the CMF before and after using the equipment.
- For using a microscope: Cover keyboard, mouse, periphery instruments (secondary control panels, eyepieces, focus knobs...) and other touchable surfaces with plastic wrap (cling film, Frischhaltefolie, provided by the CMF) and remove when finishing your work. Discard gloves and plastic wrap using the S1 waste bin next to the equipment before leaving the facility.
Thank you for your understanding.
Please contact Florian Küster for any further questions or requests.
Stay safe and healthy!
Florian Küster and Catherin Niemann
Institute for Biochemistry and CMMC / RG location - CMMC Building
CMMC - assoc. Research Group
IPMM Program I Head - In-House Services: Tissue Embedding and Histology I Mircroscopy