The Life Sciences in Cologne are part of the FEBS-IUBMB-ENABLE initiative and we are delighted to announce this year's conference from November 16-18, 2022 in Seville (Spain). Register now and apply for travel grants!
The FEBS-IUBMB-ENABLE conference is an international, interdisciplinary three-day event entirely organized by and for young researchers – PhD students and postdocs – from the molecular life sciences disciplines, bringing together Biomedicine and Technology. The FEBS-IUBMB-ENABLE conference series is a joint initiative of the Federation of European Biochemical Societies (FEBS), the International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (IUBMB) and four leading biomedical research institutes across Europe: the Institute for Research in Biomedicine – IRB (Barcelona, Spain), the Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences – RIMLS (Nijmegen, The Netherlands), the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research – NNF CPR (Copenhagen, Denmark), and the European School of Molecular Medicine – SEMM (Milan, Italy), together with the Institute of Biomedicine of Seville – IBiS (Seville, Spain), where the 2022 event will be held. In March 2022, the University of Cologne with its Life Sciences was awarded to host the FEBS-IUBMB-ENABLE Conference 2023 in Cologne and has since become a new member in this initiative.
The Life Sciences in Cologne are part of the FEBS-IUBMB-ENABLE initiative and the 2023 conference will be hosted in Cologne.
- Host of the FEBS-IUBMB-ENABLE Conference 2022: Institute of Biomedicine of Seville (IBIS)
- Title of the conference: "The perfect tandem: How technology expands the frontiers of biomedicine"
- Date: November 16-18, 2022
- Location: Seville, Spain
The organizers are delighted to invite you to the first FEBS-IUBMB-ENABLE Conference 2022 in Seville, Spain and to welcome you. Join us for three days of FEBS-IUBMB-ENABLE 2022 and have the opportunity to participate in:
- Scientific symposium
Two full days ( 16th & 17th) during which young scientists from all over Europe will learn about different biomedical fields and cutting-edge techniques through scientific talks and informal chats with renowned scientists. Also, the scientific symposium provides an excellent platform for young researchers to present their own work in short talks and posters, which are selected from the abstracts. Participants will also have the chance to talk to speakers during the gala dinner on Thursday, November 17,2022.
- Outreach activities
An important part of ENABLE is focused on bridging the gap between scientists and society. To this end, FEBS-IUBMS-ENABLE organizes outreach activities that allow participants to explain biomedicine to the general public and bring science closer to society. Particularly the pub talks on Wednesday, 16th November, organized in pubs in the city of Seville, are an excellent opportunity for young researchers to bring their science to the public.
- Science career day
A full day (Friday, November 18,2022) during which participants will be able to attend workshops and career chats with professionals. Also, participants will have the chance to learn about career opportunities at the “Job Fair”, where various companies from different sectors (publishing, biotech, pharma) will be present.
Please register now at https://enablenetwork.eu/2022-registration/
- Early bird discounts are available until July 29, 2022.
- A considerable number of travel grants are available for participants who actively participate via poster presentation or a short talk. The deadline to apply for travel grants is also July 29, 2022.
- To encourage the engagement of participants, FEBS-IUBMS-ENABLE has also planned an optional Seville city tour and a visit to the science museum the evening before the conference (Tuesday, November 15, 2022).
- Additionally, this year a scientific photography contest will be run throughout the conference, and there will be prizes for the best and the favorite photos.
For more information