Annual ranking of ‘Highly Cited Researchers’ by the Web of Science Group published as an indicator of outstanding research. University of Cologne represented by five medical researchers, by one physicist, two biologists,
Once again, the University of Cologne is represented in the international ranking ‘Highly Cited Researchers’, which is published annually by Clarivate Analytics based on information from the publication database ‘Web of Science’. Scientists on this list are among the world’s most influential one percent in their field – measured by how often their scientific publications have been cited by their peers over the last ten years (2011–2021).
This year, a total of eight UoC scientists made the list. Four physicians from the University Hospital Cologne and the Medical Faculty are once again represented in the international "Highly Cited Researchers" ranking.
The four most cited researchers from the University Hospital of Cologne and the Medical Faculty in 2022 are:
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Oliver A. Cornely, Clinic I for Internal Medicine / CECAD / Center for Clinical Studies Cologne. Main focus: Clinical infectiology, invasive fungal diseases, aging research.
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Michael Hallek, Clinic I for Internal Medicine / Center for Integrated Oncology (CIO) / Center for Molecular Medicine Cologne (CMMC) / CECAD, focus: leukemia
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Florian Klein, Institute of Virology/Center for Molecular Medicine Cologne (CMMC), focus: Development of virus-directed antibodies, HIV infections
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. em. Joachim Klosterkötter, formerly Clinic and Polyclinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, focus: early detection and prevention of mental disorders
- Prof. Dr. Jens C. Brüning, Polyclinic for Endocrinology, Diabetology and Preventive Medicine; Director of the Max Planck Institute for Metabolic Research; Research Group Leader at the Cluster of Excellence for Aging Research CECAD and at the Center for Molecular Medicine Cologne (CMMC). Focus: Metabolic research
Source: News - Press and Communication, UoC